Tuesday 31 July 2012

NEW MUSIC: BIFFY CLYRO, LUCY ROSE

Zane Lowe had first plays of both Biffy Clyro's 'Stingin' Belle' and Lucy Rose's 'Bikes' tonight (31/07/12) on BBC Radio 1. I made notes while I listened because a new Biffy single is a big event and note-taking is very important. Here are those notes:

  • heavy yet triumphant, much like 'The Captain'
  • trademark blunt Biffy lyrics
  • is that a bagpipes solo?
Simon Neill also dropped the name of the double album out in the near future, entitled Opposites. On the evidence of 'Stingin' Belle' we will not be disappointed.


I didn't take notes during 'Bikes' because I was too busy basking in the loveliness that is Lucy Rose. 'Bikes' has everything we have come to expect from her work: beautiful lyrics and vocals and compelling acoustic guitar work. Her debut album Like I Used To drops on 24th September. 


Biffy Clyro
Lucy Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment