Wednesday 17 December 2014

IN THE INTERESTS OF TRANSPARENCY

It has been 5 or 6 days since my last daily 2014 Retrospective post; since then I have dropped the reins entirely. This has been partly for circumstantial reasons, as I've been travelling a lot in this time, as well as having to face up to the fact that it's Christmas and I must do Christmassy things. At the heart of it though, these reasons are merely excuses; I could've still updated this blog every day, if I had really wanted to. The truth is, as much as I wanted to be egalitarian throughout my flurry of end-of-year posts, I had been unconsciously ranking the records as I went along. As I drafted the post for day 11 and Present Tense by Wild Beasts, I realised that this post was my favourite to write because Present Tense was my favourite album. The thought of continuing to traverse the mountain ranges of this year's music, when I had just reached the summit, no longer seems that appealing to me, so I will not continue with the 2014 Retrospective. See you next year ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment